A Time for Everything
3 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
ECCLESIASTES. 3:1-8 (NIV)
15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
We can’t choose our circumstances, but we can control our response.
1. I believe that sometimes in a winter season, God wants to prepare you for something.
2. Sometimes God will use my winter season, to prune something from me.
3. God wants to prove something through you.
TALK ABOUT IT
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
2. DESCRIBE A WINTER SEASON IN YOUR OWN LIFE.
3. HOW DO YOU “REMAIN” IN JESUS DURING THE WINTER SEASON?
4. DESCRIBE A “PRUNING” PROCESS IN YOUR LIFE. HAS IT STRENGTHENED YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD? WHY OR WHY NOT?