Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33 NLT
1. DON’T BLAME FOR THE LAME
The Lord was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master. Potiphar noticed this and realized that the Lord was with Joseph, giving him success in everything he did. GENESIS 39:2-3 NLT
In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Matthew 5:16 NLT
2. AVOID PRIDE DURING THE RIDE
“…How could I do such a wicked thing? It would be a great sin against God.” Genesis 39:9
… O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. MICAH 6:8 NLT
3. REMEMBER THE LOVE FROM ABOVE
But the Lord was with Joseph in the prison and showed him his faithful love. Genesis 39:21 NLT
You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. Genesis 50:20 NLT
TALK IT OVER
- How have you let your circumstances control your attitude?
- Pastor Mark talked about how Joseph didn’t settle into complacency, but stayed committed to God. How hard is it for you to stay humble when you feel justified in your frustration? Why?
- What action can you take this week to help you remember to stay in the presence of God?