The LORD rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble.Psalm 37:39 NLT
• Long before you face a problem, God already has a plan.
The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten with rods. 23 After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully.Acts 16:22-23
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.Acts 16:25-26
• Sometimes God’s eternal purposes don’t align with our temporary plans.
TALK IT OVER
- Why do you think it’s sometimes hard to accept that God miraculously intervenes with protection?
- Pastor Craig repeated, “Before you face a problem, God has a plan.” Share a story of how this has played out in your life.
- Read Acts 16:22-26. What do you see in this story that you can start living out? What’s your first step?