Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these … John 14:12
• OUR GOD HEALS. BUT HE DOESN’T HEAL EVERYONE ALL THE TIME.
Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus. 2 Timothy 4:20
… use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses. 1 Timothy 5:23
THREE REASONS JESUS DIDN’T DO MIRACLES
1) Jesus refused to perform miracles to prove Himself.
The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. He sighed deeply and said, “Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it.” Mark 8:11-12
2) Jesus never performed a miracle that interfered with God’s ultimate plan.
“Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly? But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?” Matthew 26:53-54 NLT
3) Jesus didn’t do miracles where there was no faith.
And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith. Matthew 13:58
… “Daughter, your faith has healed you. …” Mark 5:34
… “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” Luke 17:19
“Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” … Mark 10:52
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Mark 9:24
•Our faith isn’t based on what God does.
•Our faith is based on who God is.
TALK IT OVER
– Have you ever experienced a miracle? What happened?
– What is the state of your faith? How is it healthy? How can it grow?
– What physical, spiritual, or emotional miracle are you trusting God with? Share it with someone and pray together.