The Mission: TO BRING KINGDOM COMMUNITY TO WHEREVER WE ARE SO OTHERS CAN KNOW GOD.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10
“THE KINGDOM” – The kingdom of God was central to the teaching and mission of Jesus. It is mentioned dozens of times throughout the gospels. – BUT HARD TO UNDERSTAND
HE USED PARABLES
- Banquet and a great wedding feast; the door will be closed on some
- Like treasure hidden in a field; you would be wise to sell everything
- Like a net cast wide; it pulls in all sorts of fish, and the good fish must be separated from the bad
- Like a landowner who hired laborers to work in the fields. He hired them at different times of day, but at the end of the day, he paid them all equally.
- Like a mustard seed; from a small beginning comes a great tree
- Like yeast; it permeates all, silently and pervasively
JESUS DROPPED COMMENTS
- Hard for the rich to enter (Mark 10:23-25)
- Must be received as a child (Mark 10:15)
- Not everyone who says “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 7:21)
- We should seek the kingdom first, and then worldly needs such as food and clothing will be given to us (Matthew 6:33)
- He said that if your eye or hand prevents you from entering the kingdom, pluck it out or cut it off (Mark 9:47)
- Jesus said that a great reversal is coming: harlots and tax collectors will enter the kingdom before the Pharisees (Matthew 21:31)
- He said that the Pharisees shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces (Matthew 23:13)
What does the phrase “kingdom of heaven” mean?
A kingdom is one’s sphere of control.
A kingdom is the place you have arranged to suit your purposes and your values. It is an environment arranged according to how you like it.
So a kingdom is one’s sphere of control. So what is God’s sphere of authority?
God’s kingdom is called “heaven.”
God’s kingdom is the place that perfectly reflects his character and values. It is the place where things operate the way he likes them.
IT IS A PLACE OF LOVE, JOY, TRUTH, GRACE, HEALTH, LIGHT, AND PEACE.
God is also King of this earth.
The kingdom of God is already, but not yet.
“IS AT HAND” MATTHEW 3:2
‘DRIVE OUT DEMONS” MATTHEW 12:28
“SEEK HIS KINGDOM” LUKE 12:31
The Kingdom was LAUNCHED with Christ coming to earth, was extended when Jesus defeated Satan on the cross, and was ratified with the Resurrection.
SATAN – “GOD OF THIS AGE” 2 CORINTHIANS 4:4
“PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR” EPHESIANS 2:2
“AWAIT THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES” ROMANS 8:22
That’s why Jesus taught us to pray that the kingdom would come to earth just as it is in heaven
IN OTHER WORDS,
“MAY UP THERE COME DOWN HERE.”
ONLY GOD CAN BRING THE KINGDOM
BUT WE CAN PARTNER WITH HIM AS WE USE THE GIFTS HE HAS GIVEN US.