On behalf of The River Church leadership, we’d like to thank you for participating in our fall survey. We are super grateful for the time you took to give us your honest feedback. As a leadership team, we’re always looking for new and better ways to serve.
We are discussing many of your suggestions and figuring out ways that we can facilitate more opportunities for connection that fall within the house of worship regulations. We have put together a COVID team who are researching and communicating all COVID regulations to our leadership team so that we can be within guidelines, as well as expand our capacity as the next stages of guidelines are released. At this point in time, we are able to accommodate 100 people per service. Service reservations and masks are required per Durango city guidelines.
I’d like to take this time to address some of the common questions, suggestions, and concerns that have been brought up and highlight things that are already happening.
What we are currently doing:
- Sunday services — We have a 9:00 service with children’s ministry classes for ages 2-middle school. We also have an 11:00 service (no children’s ministry during this service). Reservations are needed (link to reserve seats can be found at trcdurango.com) so we can stay within San Juan Basin Health guidelines.
- Online streaming at 9am — This has been a challenge as we are navigating in person and online streaming simultaneously. We recognize that we have been unable to do this excellently and it has been a frustration for many who are unable to attend in person. We are working to be better at producing content – both worship and teaching – for a better Sunday experience.
- ROOTS youth group on Tuesday (High School) and Wednesday (Middle School) nights from 6-8pm. Masks and temperature checks are required. Reservations not required.
- Sprouts Kids ministry Wednesday Fun Days (Kindergarten through 5th Grade) – Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30pm. Reservations and masks are not required for kids, but are welcomed if you would like your child to wear one.
- We have done several drive-thru events over the past few months and we have additional safe, family events planned for the future.
- We are communicating through email (occasionally), social media (daily) and our website and smartphone app (weekly). We have also made phone calls to as many of our church family as we have numbers for. If you have not received a phone call from us, it is likely that we do not have a working number for you. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and any other contact information (address, email etc) so we can correct your information in our system.
- Sermon videos, sermon audios (which at this point in time are not downloadable), and sermon notes are available on our website (trcdurango.com/media) and on our app in the sermon section. We are looking at ways to make the audio available offline for the future. You may also view videos on our Facebook page (facebook.com/trcdurango) and our YouTube channel (trcdurango).
We are also praying for, and very much missing, our River Church family.
Things we are considering for the future:
- Bible studies – both online and in person.
- Downloadable podcast messages
Again, we are so grateful for your responses. Some of you mentioned things specifically about our Sunday morning in person services that you would like addressed. We will be passing along messages to our worship and tech teams as I know everyone wants to improve how we can.
Another suggestion was to visit people personally. While that would be truly wonderful, we are limited in our ability to do so. As a result, we suggest that our church family reach out to those people you saw and interacted with on a Sunday (even if it was only a short time) and check in. It’s very challenging for us to know who hasn’t come or has/hasn’t been attending online due to the crazy nature of this season. We, as a body and family of Christ, can love and encourage one another and spur each other on. If you are someone who would like to connect with one of our pastors, we are asking for you to email or call our front office so we can connect with you. We never want to ignore but at times we truly just don’t know.
With all that being said, we are always excited for folks who want to come alongside and join us in our mission to bring Kingdom Community to where we live, work, and play. It definitely takes a team of people to provide services/worship online and in-person, provide safe spaces and events for our kids and youth, and provide other ways for our community to be discipled and encouraged. If you are interested in being a part of the ministry at TRC please email (email@example.com) or call our front office (970-247-7777) so we can connect.
We love you, our church community, and feel so blessed to be able to minister in this beautiful place. Thanks again for your feedback in our fall survey!